Sunday, February 1, 2009

happy anniversary to my favorite couple

I have been blessed with many things in this life but nothing more so than my parents.  

Today they celebrate their twenty-third anniversary and I want them and everyone else to know just how inspiring their relationship is.  I know as they read this they are probably thinking "we are inspiring?!"  

Yes, inspiring.

I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for them.  They have set the tone for the exact kind of marriage I want.  True love, passion, a crazy daughter, independence when needed, a daily support system for one another, financial stability, silly humor, and did I mention a crazy daughter?  Mr. Macho Man Ford even wears a suit for my mom from time to time (if you don't believe me, look to the right).  

I must also mention that my dad used to forget what day their anniversary was.  He couldn't ever remember if it was Feb. 1 or Feb. 2 and then finally the genius of a man that he is, started calling it "February Fool's Day" and hasn't forgotten since.  And neither has my mom :)

God must have been looking out for me by giving me such amazing parents.  I pray every night that they don't have to live a single day without one another because I know how happy they make each other.  

Though I haven't put it into practice quite yet, thank you for all you do for me and for showing me what a healthy, fun relationship looks like and that it is possible.  Here's to twenty-three more amazing years!  

love you love me. 

.jl.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary, Jayme's parents!